Slim Down Sunday 3




Goal: To change my lifestyle and in doing so, lose weight and increase fitness.

Pounds lost: I don't know - I'm not weighing myself.

How it's gone this week: I've managed to be more active but there is still room for improvement and I haven't been focussing on a regular exercise period.  I now know that I am drinking enough every day but don't always manage the 5-a-day fruit and/or vegetables so I would like to eventually correct that.  Estimating the calories in and out of my current lifestyle is an ongoing task. At the start of the week I managed to cut out all snacks, no problem, but in the last couple of days I've slipped into my old habits.  And it is a habit - I wasn't hungry but i ate the biscuits anyway!!

Plan for this week:

As last week really -

  • aim for a 15 minute exercise every day.
  • estimate the number of calories in my current food choices and the number of calories used during and average day and identify where changes are needed.
  • try to include the 5-a-day fruit and vegetable in my diet.
  • eat smaller portions and cut out the majority of snacks
  • make sure I drink enough
  • generally be more active.
To see how others are getting on, or to join in yourself, visit Slim Down Sunday at this site.

Comments

  1. It's so hard isn't it. I did manage to lose a bit of weight but it slowly manages to creep back on. Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am starting tomorrow!

    At this stage I worry that when I go back to work in two weeks time no one will recognise me because I have put on a stone!!!

    I snack to much and that is the problem,
    your plan sounds good.


    Good luck with your efforts Eileen,
    I hope that you do well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen, Snacking can be tough. I put a notebook in the kitchen and make a note of everything I eat during the day estimating calories. Not every day, but often, I then find an online calorie calculator and make sure my estimates aren't too far off. I was astonished to find out my favorite McAlister's salad is loaded with hidden calories. Boo! Now I know where some of those extras are coming from. I get motivated by the numbers. Might help? Good for you on being active - I need more of that! April

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts