3 in 30 Challenge - October 2011, week 2

This hasn't been a good week, feeling ill and having to take a day off work, so progress is patchy.

Goal 1 - Personal [1]: I need to sort out a practical routine which ensures that I make best use of my time so that everything I need, or want to do, gets done.
Week 1 update: I have an idea how I want to organise my time and I'm putting it to the test for the rest of the month. I've drafted 2 routines: 1 for term time and 1 for school holidays. With half term starting on the 19 October I'll have the opportunity to see if both routines are workable.
Week 2 update: This has worked in part but as it hasn't been 'normal' working week because of illness it is too early to say that the proposed routine is working.  Half-term starts next week so this goal will have to run on into November.

Goal 2 - Personal [2]: I reviewed the current budget last month and now want to put in place short, medium and long term financial plans.
Week 1 update: I have sent various letters and am waiting for the replies before I get started on my short-term plan - to be completely debt free within [timescale dependant on the replies to my letters]. 
Week 2 update: I'm still waiting for replies to the letters.  I have decided on the plans, it is just the timescales to sort out.

Goal 3 - Home: It's time for some more decluttering. We are still trying to sort out the extra stuff that we couldn't find room for when we combined our two houses into a joint property. I have a busy month so I'll be realistic and aim to sort out 5 boxes.
Week 1 update: I haven't started on this one yet as it is something I plan to do during half term.
Week 2 update: I'll start on this one next week.  Half-term starts on the 19th.

Linked up to the 3 in 30 Challenge

Comments

  1. Congrats on working towards being debt free, it can be a long road. Hope it works out the way you want it to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hate it when sickness messes with my routine -- especially when I *think* I finally have one that works!!

    Enjoy your break!! It starts tomorrow! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts