Weekly Snippets {week 24}

Here’s a peek into my week .....

It's half-term so no teaching required! This meant I had the time to get on with our family trees.

picture from Google
I'm working on 8 different family lines (Ced's four grandparents and my own four grandparents).  Most of the week has been spent getting previous research organised and loaded onto the Family Tree Maker software and I'm chuffed with how much I've managed to get done.

The progress so far is:

Ced's lot: 
  • Purcell (no progress)
  • Jarvis back to abt 1680
  • Hobbs back to abt 1730
  • Jeffrey back to abt 1800
My lot:
  • Taylor (no progress)
  • Briant back to abt 1740
  • Meaden back to abt 1850
  • Hardy back to abt 1595
I'm going to concentrate on the Meaden family next as I should be able to trace them back a lot further.

* ** *** ** * ** *** ** *

On the crafting front, I've booked my places on two events - 'Christmas in July' (when we get to make a load of Christmas cards) and a 'Stampin' Up Technique Class'. I'm really looking forward to these - I've got out of the habit of making my own cards and I want to get back to it.  Hopefully, these workshops will kickstart my cardmaking mojo! 

* ** *** ** * ** *** ** *
I've already posted about my day out with Lauren.  Well I finally managed to beat the printer into submission (took all yesterday evening and all this morning!) and sorted out the prints she needs for her art homework.  Here's a quick peak at her efforts - all her own work except the flower in the centre of the top row -  I think she's done a great job ...


* ** *** ** * ** *** ** *

I've just bought the books for the Summer Read 2012 with the Richard and Judy Book Club so they'll keep me busy during the summer break. 


I've also started on the Big Read top 200 books and I plan to read a lot of the children's books from that list during the summer as well.



* ** *** ** * ** *** ** *

I'm excited about this news ... I've arranged to meet with Joy from Welcome to Daisy Row.  We're meeting for lunch next week.
* ** *** ** * ** *** ** *

And finally two bits of really good family news .... my sister has sold her house and their new house is about 15 minutes closer to me.  They should complete in July and hopefully they will then be close enough for Ced to feel comfortable about attempting the journey in his wheelchair.

And best of all my niece, Keri, came to see us on Monday with her husband and her two youngest children.  They live in Wales so I don't get to see her very often as it's so difficult for Ced to travel.  I had lots of cuddles with Boo (nearly 2) and got to meet her new baby boy for the first time.  Her eldest boy, Bean, was spending the weekend with his dad so hopefully I'll see him next time.
Boo
The boy (still waiting for a nickname!)

Comments

  1. Sounds like you have had a lovely week, your workshops sound good - Christms in July!! the weather here made me think of Christmas the other day :). Lauren should be very pleased with her work and your niece's children are so cute, a very cheeky grin from Bean - love the nicknames. Have fun meeting Joy, it is lovely meeting up with someone you have met via blogland - Louise and I met up last year, it was great. Have a good weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a busy bee. Lauren's photo's are beautiful she should be very pleased with her efforts.
    The little ones are very cute and how lovely for you to get to see them.
    I hope your sisters move goes well and I hope you enjoy your date with joy.
    Thank you for all your kind words over the last few weeks
    Have a good week end
    love Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought half term was supposed to be a holiday, you've been so busy, I hope you have a lovely time with Joy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts