E.A.S.Y Tuesday {2}

E - enthusiastic.  The enthusiasm of Bradford-on-Avon is my choice this week.  They are whole-heartedly celebrating the success of their golden boy, Olympic gold medallist in the canoe sprint - Ed McKeever.  I'd planned to take a photo of the golden post box but every one seemed to have the same idea so I'll try again later in the week!  The town was absolutely packed with massive 'Ed McKeever' banners flapping in the wind and people having their photo taken next to the gold post box.  I didn't manage to take any photos as I couldn't park, so here's one from the local paper.


A - awesome. I went to the American Museum today and spent a lot of time in the textiles room where their collection of American quilts is on display.  There's no other word for it ... those quilts are awesome!  Such beautiful designs, intricate stitches and wonderful stories associated with some of them.

S - simple. There was a 'living exhibition' in the textiles room - a quilting bee with four wonderful ladies from the Sherbourne area.  They've helped me enormously and shown me an easier way of getting started on my planned quilt.  I can't remember what they called it but basically I'll be making a series of blocks and then joining the blocks together to make the quilt top.  Simple!

Y - yes, positive. This is such a biggie for me ... for my photography course I had to take a series of photos of strangers.  I find this sort of thing really difficult and was dreading it but today I did the series of photos at the quilting bee.  I actually photographed strangers, not from behind but capturing their expressions and also managed some close ups of hands.  Yes, I did it!

Linking with Mary & Renae for EASY Tuesday 2.

Comments

  1. Wowzers! Eileen - great e.a.s.y. tuesday post! So exciting to see and feel and all that! Thank you. I specifically loved your Simple one the most! Thank you joining EASY TUESDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ein schöner Beitrag...

    Lieben Gruß
    CL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool...you came to our blog hop...it is easy isn't it. I love your cool photo, even if from newspaper...such a spirit for those winners. I will look forward to seeing the photos of quilting ladies. Simply, awesome, and yes, you make it look easy. Enthusiastically, Mary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts