The Simple Woman's Daybook - Sunday 19th January 2014

FOR TODAY

Outside my window ... it has been raining but the sun is just starting to shine through and I can see some patches of blue sky. 

I am thinking ... about the best way to organise my day.  I have lots to do - laundry, decluttering, lesson plans to finish, music practice ... and a good book to finish reading!

I am thankful ... for being fortunate enough to be able to afford to work part time hours during term time only, and for the amount of free time it gives me to indulge in my many hobbies and interests. 

In the kitchen ... it is looking very tidy for once.  One of the local shops has a relocation sale and I was able to buy some shiny red storage jars to match my kettle, toaster and slow cooker at a 30% discount - I'm starting to get the 'look' I want in the kitchen, i.e. red and white, and it cheers me up every time I go in there.

I am wearing ...  a mismatch of colours - I should have done the laundry earlier in the week so have just chosen what was clean.  I'm not going out so I won't scare the neighbours with my appearance!

I am creating ... nothing, although I need to sort something out quickly as the sewing bee meets next week and I need something to take with me.

I am going ... to start the next stage of decluttering.  I've changed tactics so instead of clearing room by room, I'm sorting out by different categories. I've already done my clothes and some of the household linen.  Today I plan to finish sorting the linen and any that I don't want to keep will go in the pile for a car boot sale in the summer.  Then I'll start on the masses of paper I always seem to collect so it's going to be a day of shredding and scanning with the aim to hold the majority of paperwork electronically.  I'll only keep the original paper copy where there is a legal requirement for the original. Most of it is teaching material I've kept 'just in case' and never used, so it can go and will free up a lost of space.

I am wondering ... when to start on the next stage of the garden.  The lawn will be removed but I don't know whether it's too early to start digging it up.

I am reading ... 'The Storyteller' by Jodi Picoult.

I am hoping ... that the weather improves.  I'm fed up of getting wet and I'm itching to get out and take some photos.

I am looking forward to ... seeing my garden develop.  I'm doing a Project 365 photo challenge based on my garden and the need to look at the plants every day to choose a subject for the daily photo has opened my eyes to all that is going on out there.

I am learning ... to live my life for me.  It hasn't been a year yet since I lost Ced but I am content with the changes I have made and have lost the 'fear' about managing on my own. Although I still have weepy days I can see that life is working out as I want and that happiness is on the horizon.

Around the house ... I am starting to see the impact of the decluttering and organising and I feel less pressured about it.  Once the unwanted paperwork is sorted I will be able to move the piano from the dining room to the study and create the music room I desperately need - somewhere I can leave the instruments out safely.  Can't wait!

I am pondering ... meaning of life ... holidays ... trips to London ... lesson plans ... new music for band ... all sorts of things, my brain is busy today.

One of my favourite things ... time spent with family and friends.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
  • Monday: Paper shredding!
  • Tuesday: Teaching + sewing bee in the evening
  • Wednesday: Teaching
  • Thursday: Teaching + friends coming for a meal in the evening
  • Friday: Teaching
  • Saturday: Band practice
  • Sunday: Relaxing at home
A peek into my day ... Decluttering, laundry, lesson planning.  It's going to be a busy day!

A favourite quote for today ...

'Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.'  George Bernard Shaw



Linking with The Simple Woman's Daybook

Comments

  1. You sound very organised with your decluttering, I think I could do with some lessons:) I always seem to want to keep more than I can throw away:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts