The Simple Woman's Daybook - Monday 5th May 2014

FOR TODAY
 
Outside my window ... it was sunny earlier on but now it's overcast and looking very grey.
 
I am thinking ... about my holiday, trying to decide which places I want to visit.
 
I am thankful ... that I have found the tomtom that Ced's brother gave me.  I haven't had any need to use it since I got it but will be relying on it when I'm in Cornwall.  Of course, I'd put it away 'in a safe place' and couldn't find it so had a bit of a panic until it turned up.
 
In the kitchen ... there is plenty of fresh fruit and vegetable for the week's meals.  I went shopping this morning.
 
I am wearing ... a white skirt and pale blue top.
 
I am creating ... the programme for a music concert in one of my schools.
 
I am going ... to treat myself to some new clothes as soon as I lose a few more pounds to fit comfortably in the next dress size. 
 
I am wondering ... if I can afford to book another holiday for later this year. 
 
I am reading ... 'The child's child' by Barbara Vine.  It quite slow going!
 
I am hoping ...  to join in with the next photowalk in Bath.  I haven't managed to go on one yet!
 
I am looking forward to ... my week in Cornwall, a trip to Exbury Gardens and a couple of planned visits to the theatre.
 
I am learning ... to be happy in my own skin and to live my life.
 
Around the house ... I'm still decluttering.  I'm working my way through all the unwanted paperwork, most of which has to be shredded which is time consuming and seems to be never ending.  I'll be glad when this stage of the decluttering is finished!
 
I am pondering ... a few changes to the house - some decorating, some new furniture, changing how I use a couple of rooms.  It's still in the very early planning stages though.
 
One of my favourite things ... trying out a new recipe.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week ...
  • Tuesday - teaching in the afternoon
  • Wednesday - teaching all day
  • Thursday - teaching in the afternoon, packing in the evening
  • Friday - teaching in the afternoon, finish packing in the evening
  • Saturday - band practice until 10:30am and then drive to Cornwall
  • Sunday - holiday!!!
  • Monday - holiday!!!

A peek into my day ... food shopping this morning, called in to see Lauren and her sisters - it's her birthday today, holiday planning and pottering about at home.
 
A favourite quote for today ...
 
"Don't wait for the perfect moment.  Take the moment and make it perfect."- Unknown
 

Comments

Popular Posts