100 Happy Days: Day 57


I didn't have to teach this afternoon so I took myself off to Lacock and spent a very happy couple of hours pottering around the village taking lots of photos.  Do you recognise the distinctive entrance in the photo above?  Think night time and wizards!  I'll tell you the answer at the end of this post.
 
I managed to get a few possibles for the Summertime Photo Scavenger Hunt but I'll put them in their own post.  The village was not looking its best today - lots of the houses had scaffolding up and, as usual, the streets were lined with parked cars so it was difficult to get a decent image.  The place was heaving with German tourists who also kept getting in the way so all in all, not the best day for 'wow' photographs but I'm happy with a few of them.  Anyway, it was warm, the sun was shining through breaks in the clouds, there was a gentle breeze and of course, Lacock is so pretty that it never fails to delight.  I treated myself to a 99 ice cream cornet which, together with the Indian takeaway last night makes me think I may not do too well on the diet this week! Oh well!
 
The gates in the first image lead to this house ... any ideas?


This is the house that Dumbledore and Harry Potter visit to talk to Professor Slughorn at the start of the sixth film - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - the one where Professor Slughorn has hidden by disguising himself as an armchair.
 
Hope you all had a good day!

Comments

  1. Hello Eileen, are you fine?
    So beautiful!!! I do'nt had seen the film, but the house is spectacular!
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts