100 Happy Days: Day 72


I woke up in the early hours of this morning with the onset of a migraine but stupidly decided that I would just try to sleep it off.  So, when I woke up again an hour or so later the migraine had really taken hold.  I have prescription medication that needs to be taken as soon as the first symptoms appear but I took it anyway, not expecting it to do any good but also knowing it would do no harm.  I decided to get up at that stage (4:30ish) so spent the first part of the morning sitting on the deck doing absolutely nothing, just relaxing, appreciating the fresh air and the gentle breeze.  Luckily, I didn't have to go to work today.
 
When the sun moved round to the back of the house I moved back indoors and spent the remainder of the morning just lazing about doing very little ... not even reading, which is unusual for me - a couple of emails sent and my photo a day post sorted, then back to doing nothing.  By midday, the migraine was virtually gone and had been much, much milder than normal so it seems that the medication did its job even if it took a lot longer that it should have done (usually takes about 20 - 30 minutes).  More of the same this afternoon and evening ... doing absolutely nothing!  I should feel rested but actually feel drained from the migraine and it will probably take a couple of days to get back to normal. 
 
It's difficult to know what to photograph to represent something that made me feel happy today, but I am happy that the medication worked its magic so I've opted for that!

Comments

Popular Posts