Blogtoberfest 2014 Day 28: Getting Excited

I've spent a good few hours today looking for my guide to London.  No luck, I can't find it and to be honest, I can't even remember the last time I saw it or used it.  I know it's here somewhere as it definitely wouldn't have been thrown away but I've obviously put if somewhere safe or, more likely, it's still in a box waiting to be unpacked and loved again.  It's just a bit frustrating as I'm off to London tomorrow and it such a useful book.  It's pocket sized with really clear maps which are easy to read even with my poor eyesight and I feel a bit lost without it, even though I know the way really!
 
I'm heading for the Tower of London to see the poppies before the installation is dismantled on Remembrance Day and I also want to see The Mall, St James Park, The Embankment and the Millennium Bridge if I have enough time.  I have plans for the photos I'd like to take but the weather forecast is dire so I'll have to see how it goes.  That's the downside of booking tickets in advance, but I can't change it now so I'm hoping that it won't be raining continuously all day.
 
Anyway, my bag is packed with food for the journey, cameras (batteries fully charged), spare lens, extra memory card, money and tickets.  I'll be tucked up in bed suitably early tonight ready for a 5:00am start tomorrow. 
 
I'm getting excited ... I love London!

Comments

  1. Hope you have a wonderful day, unfortunately I shan't get to see the poppies but have heard they are amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts