Blogtoberfest 2014 Day 5

It's a bit of a mishmash today ... here's the final part of my what-I've-been up-to update.

I went to one other event during the BoA Art Festival; a fabulously spooky ghost walk led by Jasper Bark, a local author.  He led about 50 of us around the town, through dark alleys I didn't know existed, along narrow streets and into unlit graveyards for about 75 minutes, filling our thoughts with stories from BoA's history and tales of ghosts and supernatural happenings.  The best part was when we were stood in the graveyard at Holy Trinity church and bats started flying around his head - that's when I really got the creeps!  The evening ended with a story reading in the bar at the Swan Hotel, a supernatural story written and read by the author Steven Volk, who lives in BoA - he wrote 'Ghostwatch', if any of you saw it on TV back in 1992.  A fitting end to a spooky evening.

I didn't bother with many of the carnivals this summer but I did make it to the Devizes parade.  I needed a couple of photos for the summertime scavenger hunt so I chose the Devizes carnival as the one where I was most likely to find the subjects I needed.  From a photography point of view it was successful, finding the parade photo, the elusive juggler and also a sort of photo bomb but I'll admit that I wasn't actually that impressed with the parade itself and I doubt that I'll go to that one again. 

I stuck to my plan to meet with friends during the long summer break from school, meeting up with Joy in Sutton Veny, Suzy in a riverside pub in Saltford and with Lyn at the garden centre in Shaw.  I also had a few shopping trips (didn't buy anything!) with Julie and  various combinations of her four daughters.
 
Well, this post brings me up to date. Tomorrow I'll be posting my final selection of photographs for the Summertime Photo Scavenger Hunt.

Linking with Blogtoberfest 2014

Comments

  1. Stopping by from Blogtoberfest~ Have a great 31 days~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts