89/365: Hand Made Cards


Hand made cards | donating to one of the local retirement homes.  I have quite a lot of cards that I've made at crafting events but which I have no interest in using for their intended purpose.  Whilst I've enjoyed learning the techniques and skills needed to produce the cards, the end results are too fussy and over-decorated for my tastes so they have just sat in a box and I know I will never use them. 
 
I may be a bit slow on the uptake but I now know that I prefer the CAS style (clean and simple) of card making, which is why I've been getting rid of a lot of the crafting supplies that I won't have a use for, and is why all of the sample cards are going as well.  I'll still use the techniques I have learnt, but in moderation to fit in with the CAS style.  To be honest, it feels like a bit of a light bulb moment to have realised that this is my preferred style and I can now see that I will definitely start crafting again, something I was unsure of until this month.  In the meantime, I'll be getting rid of the rest of the unwanted crafting materials.

Comments

  1. I take your point about taste but the cards look nicely crafted and very well-finished. I'm impressed and I'm sure that whoever ends up with them will get a lot of pleasure from them. Glad you've rediscovered the enthusiasm to do more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with lady Ella. The front card with the hand-made flower is particularly pretty.
    I always wonder how these thick and fussy cards manage to fit into the envelope and to go through the Post Office machines OK!
    I'm enjoying your decluttering - and hoping to do some myself over Easter.
    All the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAS works for me (and now i know what the abbreviation stands for too :) ) The big fussy ones costs a fortune to post x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty cards, though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts