128/365: Housework!


Well, I'm still sticking to my plan ... today's task was to clean the floors; vacuum the carpets in the living room, bedrooms, stairs and landing, clean the laminate flooring in the hall, study and cloakroom and wash the tiled floors in the ensuite, bathroom and kitchen/dining room.
 
This only worked out because I finished early work earlier than expected (lots of the children were sent home due to a sickness bug!), so I need to rethink the plan and move this task to earlier in the week and maybe split it into two. 
 
I'm looking forward to a weekend where the house is tidy and I don't have any chores to do.

Comments

  1. It does seem like a lot to do on one day; I agree with breaking it up if you can. It is a good feeling though to have the weekend to yourselve without having to do chores on it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to do one or two rooms at a time, meaning I spend, at the most, only about 30-40 minutes a day on housework. If it's just floors I might do upstairs one day and downstairs another. Joy x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I looked at your photo I initially saw a hand gun! Don't know what that says about my state of mind at all!! Possibly, I am just a stranger to housework! I try to clean up daily - just a little bit at a time, but my house looks a mess generally, unless I have visitors then it looks pristine! Obvs not if they are unexpected visitors!
    Have a good weekend, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - just like Carole I too thought you were showing a photo of a gun (as your web page loaded rather slowly top down) and I even considered you might actually be an undercover agent and "housework" was a code word for taking somebody out - like "cleaning up"!! Now I can breathe a sigh of relief and get back to reality! I do not enjoy housework so it's only really done properly if people are coming round (and they might need to get further than the kitchen!!) Enjoy your weekend once you've finished :) Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts