Thankful Thursday

Throughout the month of October I'm joining in with Mary-Lou's 31 Days of Thankful.  Here are the things for the past week.


Friday Oct 2nd | I am thankful for the enthusiasm of some of the children I taught today and for having the opportunity to share in their achievements. The recorder group has been struggling to learn a new piece since we started it back in September but they've stuck at it, and today they managed it.  They were ecstatic, rightly so, as they haven't found it easy but today their hard work paid off.
 
*
 
Saturday Oct 3rd | I am thankful that I live in a country where we have the different seasons of the year and that I can experience what the seasonal changes bring to my life.  This morning it was a misty start to the day ... autumn is announcing its presence. 
 
*
 
Sunday Oct 4th | I am thankful that I have, and can afford to run, the central heating system.  With virtually no effort on my part I have the ability to keep the house warm and cosy. Yes, the heating went on today!
 
*

Monday Oct 5th | I am thankful for the support of my friends.  They knew I wasn't feeling well, so turned up with their evening meal which they shared with me, washed up and put everything away, and then left so that I could have an early night.  Words can't really express how much this meant to me.
 
*

Tuesday Oct 6th | I am thankful for the internet as I know that my life would be immeasurably different without it.  Having access to the internet keeps me connected, even though I live alone, and enhances my life in so many ways, the biggest being the friends I have made through writing this blog.
 
*

Wednesday Oct 7th | I am thankful for a relatively pain free day ... the first one for ages.

*

Thursday Oct 8th | I am thankful that I am able to read and through reading, can lose myself in the lives and worlds of the characters I meet in the books I choose.
 
I've been surprised by how quickly the daily task of thinking and identifying something to be thankful for has impacted positively on my mood. Many thanks to Mary-Lou for organising this.

Comments

  1. A read which has me now thinking about the little things of the day..yes, like the heating! well worth posting, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Eileen, just thinking about some of the things in our daily lives and being thankful for them can quickly turn around a bad day. Thank you for joining in with me. I am glad you having some reduction in pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful that I (hopefully) count as one of your blog friends and have an opportunity to see the lovely pictures that you post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie, and yes, you definitely count as one of my blog friends.

      Delete
  4. I like your list of thankfuls for this week. So neat with your friends coming to your aid so to speak and bringing in that meal when you were under the weather. I too am grateful for heat/air conditioning when both are needed, as well as thankful for the Internet. Working at home, it is a wonderful outlet to connect with people :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful that you are in blogland and that you have so many things to be thankful for! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to know you feel connections online. People say so much about the downfalls of the internet, comparing it - unfavourably - to connections made in 'real' life ... and yet, personally it's enriched my life no end!! Sounds like you feel similarly too.

    I'm in the middle of a self-imposed challenge to re-connect with bloggers I know and to connect afresh with new people as I attempt to leave 300 comments in 30 days! This is No.232 and - as you might imagine - I'm always grateful when I come across something [like this post] that I feel I can genuinely contribute to!

    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts