One | As it's the first week of the month I should be listing my goals for December ... but I'm not going to set any this month. I have too much to do as it is without adding any more things to the list! I start again in January, but until then, here's the review of my November goals:
- Complete three Christmas shoeboxes and deliver them to a local collection point. Success - all done and delivered!
- Create my Advent calendar, ready for next month. I'll write about this in a separate post! All done, but a bit late with the promised post - see today's Advent Calendar Door 4 post!
- Rearrange the living room to see if I like the new placement of the furniture. This is a 'try it and see' before I commit to ordering the new sofas, chairs and cupboard/unit. It's also about trying to work out how I want to use the room in the future. Sort of a success - I've moved the furniture around to how I thought it should be but then didn't like it, so am tweaking the plan to try to find the ideal arrangement.
- Complete my Christmas gift shopping and write all the cards, ready for posting. Started but not finished. I've bought all the gifts but still have to write some of the cards.
- Investigate 'what's on' in this area during the daytime, ready for when I've stopped work. Success - I've found a few things I'll be trying out after Christmas.
Two | continuing my 'new thing every day' here's what I've been up to this week ...
- Saturday, I made popcorn in the microwave for the first time (the popcorn maker is broken and has gone to the skip!)
- Sunday, I went to the Christmas Market in Bath for the first time. I didn't buy anything - it was the venue for our local photography treasure hunt.
- Monday, I tried, unsuccessfully, to take some multiple exposure images - I need much more practice on this!
- Tuesday, I had a meal at the Swan Hotel in Bradford on Avon; their menu always has plenty of good choices and it's one of those place I mean to go to but never actually do, until now ... I've finally got around to having a meal there and I will be going again - they've started specialising in Thai food!
- Wednesday, I played with the local adult recorder group for the first time.
- Thursday, I went to a new to me café to meet a friend for lunch
- Friday, I'm off to the Longleat Festival of Light today. I missed it last year so this will be my first, but hopefully not last, time at this event.
Three | The Winter Photographic Scavenger Hunt has started so I'll be out at the weekend to try for some photos. We'd love you to join us in the hunt - the more the merrier. You can find all the details here.
Four | I've had another delivery of books from my sister. She buys new paperbacks, reads them and then passes them on to me and once I've read them I pass them on to various friends. We have the same reading tastes so it used to work well. Then I joined two book groups and it's all gone to pot! For some reason I only seem to find the time to read the book group choices and maybe a couple of other ones but I'm not reading anywhere near the number of books I used to, even though I supposedly have more time. I have over 100 books from my sister which I still haven't read. Somehow I have to change my reading habits and turn this around. Don't know how yet, but watch this space!
Five | I've changed the CDs in the car as it's time for the Christmas music. These are my two favourites this year - couldn't settle on just one!
Thanking Amy for organising this weekly link up.