The Little Things

Read | I'm reading The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins for my book group.  In between I'm reading 'What if Harry Potter, the Chosen One, had turned out to be a squib', part of a series of 'what if' rewrites of the HP books by a fan.
 
Watched | I haven't really watched much lately and I've had to rack my brains to come up with an answer ... I watched the first of the new series of 'Vera' and, for the first time in ages, I watched the latest Silent Witness.
 
Heard | Mostly old favourites ... Bowie, of course, and lots of 70s and 80s pop music. 
 
Made | I've been preparing music folders for the new starters at the band.  An intake is usually only about 5 children but this time, following the presentations I did in some of the local schools, there were 24 - all keen and eager to start learning to play.  We didn't have anywhere near enough folders for them, so that's what I've been doing with my time.
 
Worn | It's been a black and white sort of day - I need to get on and catch up with the laundry so that I've got some brighter colours to wear!
 
And Lastly ... I've bought some spelt flour to have a go at making my own bread.  We used to have a bread maker which Ced used to keep us supplied with fresh bread.  Well, I no longer have the bread maker (no room for it now), so will be making it from scratch myself, using my mum's recipe. I've found the loaf tins, bought the rest of the ingredients, so there's no more excuses ... Monday will be set aside for bread making!

Thanks to Morgana for organising this weekly link up.

Comments

  1. The re write of some of Harry Potter sounds a very interesting read - I will check for it at the library. I know I've made bread before but I can't remember when, it's been that long. Fresh bread baking is one of the most wonderful smells. Hope you have a good weekend & have fun baking on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rewrite is just a series of blog posts as far as I know. The link should take you to the blog.

      Delete
  2. 24 children when it's usually 5, wow you definitely did a good job promoting the band! Enjoy your bread, nothing like the smell of a loaf baking in the oven. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read The Woman in White a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it! Poor Harry being rewritten as a squib. You've got your hands full with the influx of new band members, best of luck! Enjoy your weekend :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh hope to find out how your bread making went. I used to teach choirs and man I don't miss making folders of lyrics, notation etc. Although I'm sure at some point in my future I'll be doing it again. Hope you've had a great week #LittleLoves

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts