Memorandum Monday

Monday morning greetings to Sian and the rest of the Mondayers. A new year and a new focus for this meme, with a post about any interesting mail received during the week. I'm not sure what we're supposed to be calling these posts now so have stuck to 'Memorandum Monday' until someone points me in the right direction.

I had lots of junk mail and a few renewal letters but I won't bore you with those. I'm going to share a photo of my only piece of interesting fun mail and let you know what I'm up to.


It's okay, you're not seeing things ...... it is a copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone translated into Latin! I decided to brush up on my Latin translation skills which, considering I only know a few verbs and the odd word or so, is going to be more demanding than originally thought.  When I say 'originally thought' I'm being rather generous in describing the brain power employed when deciding that this was something I wanted to do, as it's quite clear that I didn't think it through at all! Still never say never, I will give it my best shot - Google is my friend in this endeavour, I feel. I'm not completely stupid though -  I have modified my ambition and will now aim to translate the first chapter!

To finish, I'll share some good news from my sister. The cancer hasn't spread, she doesn't need chemo but will have to take tablets for the next five years. Fantastic news!

Comments

  1. So pleased about the news re your sister. The HP book looks good. Have you ever answered the Pottermore quiz to find out which house you belong to? I'm a Hufflepuff!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful news. :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent news. That looks some brain exercise you have chosen - fun and challenging

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent news about your sister! Latin!!! you are brilliant. I wanted to be in Hufflepuff but the test put me in Gryffindor - I feel I am like Neville in this, I am not brave of heart at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, wonderful news! I can't think of a better way to start the week.

    Bravo on the Latin! Let me know what you think of it. I'd like to give it a try. Though it's been a while...

    I think I'm going to encourage everyone to give the new title a try. I'm going with "Memos, Mail, Me" so it includes everything and in case we run out of interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sian, I'll use the new title next time.

      Delete
  6. Excellent news! That's an ambitious project, even the first chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ecce! In pictura est puer, nomine Harry.
    "I'm being rather generous in describing the brain power employed when deciding that this was something I wanted to do..." Brilliant! Good luck - it actually sounds fun :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great news for your sister!! I don't suppose that taking the pills will be a joy, but in comparison to what it could have been this is wonderful news I am sure. Yay! Hope you enjoy the book, I am in awe that you would even consider it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My ! That's quite a challenge! Good news about your sister. What a relief for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad your sister's cancer hadn't spread and she didn't need chemo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brilliant news. She has just over another year until she gets her all clear so fingers are still crossed and prayers being said.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts