Memos, Mail, Me

A cheery Monday evening wave to Sian and all the other Mondayers. It was a rushed start to the day with the gas man turning up half an hour earlier than expected.  Luckily I was up and dressed, though I hadn't had my first mug of coffee or any breakfast, but for some reason his early arrival messed up my morning and I couldn't get my act together!

The gas pipe has now been removed and the resulting hole in the wall will be made good when I get round to the work on my bedroom and en-suite; that needs a plasterer and he will be able to make good the living room walls at the same time.  There will be another hole in the hall to sort as well because next month I'm having the control for the central heating updated to a WiFi controller (which will allow me to program different on/off times for each day of the week) and the existing wall mounted control in the hall will be removed.

So, on to the happy mail .... there's only one thing to tell you about this week.



I've decided to do the Ancestry DNA test to discover my ethnic origins. I've provided the saliva sample and sent it back but have to wait 6 - 8 weeks for the results. Has anyone else thought of doing this? I've dug out all the work on the family tree and plan to continue once I've had time to look through and decide what to do next. I let my Ancestry subscription expire but luckily they are currently offering 50% off the annual fee so that's reduced it to a much more reasonable price. I'm looking forward to delving into all the records again; it's surprising how much you can find out about previous generations.

Comments

  1. My son's father-in-law gave everyone in the family the Ancestry DNA tests as Christmas gifts. You remind me that I need to ask if he's sent his in. His wife, who was adopted from Korea, is reluctant to do it; not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! We were just talking about doing this at the weekend. We're both very tempted: there's a romantic story in my husband's family that they are descended from a Spanish sailor from a wrecked Armada ship and this would help prove it, or not!

    Can't wait to hear about your results now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a coincidence. We have exactly the same story in our family, that we are descended from a Spanish sailor from a wrecked Armada ship.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts